If there was a manual on how to take an amazing country and turn it into a third world country in a short amount of time just look at what the law makers in the United States have done since 2001 and probably before all in the name of protection. It reminds me of an HOA that suddenly ends up with one board member that has a hell of an agenda and in order to get it going strong, they need to get some “friends” voted in. A year or two later this rogue board has changed the entire governing document of the condo for example a pet condo, making it a no pet condo in the name of shit, or a 3 car condo to a 1 car condo in the name of too little parking. These rogue leaders go nuts and love to control and abuse, they will add surveillance but when an outside crime happens it never gets reviewed but when someone screws with a board member bingo here comes the surveillance footage. Bottom line is its a sick way to control people and they get away with it usually for long periods of time.
Not only do you feel violated, but as time goes by you notice that the condo’s down the road are going up in value but the rogue ruled one is not, in fact it might be lowering in value. Why? Because the real estate agents are advising clients against them due to the sick management. This to me is very similar to the unfortunate path of the U.S. except we also have corporatism calling the shots as they fund the winning candidates elections and more. Aside from corporatism we have control freaks that are clearly abusing power. I often wonder what president Bush was really thinking when he read what the Patriot act really was and how that was rushingly signed by congress without even reading the bill so they say. I often sit and think about how some of the guys I would have previously voted for signed in the massive surveillance programs such as a big yes for drones. It leaves that bad taste in your mouth and twist in your stomach once you realize the sick agenda taking place oh and this shit takes place in our local governments as well for example the traffic lights. These governments want serious power and they get it, they control the people.
However, while they are busy trying to figure out how to be corporateers and suck every dime out of citizens and watch every move via surveillance they cause this country to drop down a few levels on the 1st world scale. They cause poverty to rise, they cause violence to rise, they cause trust to deplete, they cause the anti nuclear family and the list goes on what seems like forever. Many of the people that have never traveled outside of the U.S. especially those bleeding hearts that really believe the donations help them in the name of helping poverty, when in turn the donations never even make it through the first layer of corruption. Of coarse they have credit ratings and other mechanisms to tell if a country is developing or not. This article more talks about what may be coming soon more so and what it may be like for those who have not lived in it specifically.
Some of the tell tale signs of a third world nation
- Military police everywhere, just like when you get off the place in South America, police holding assault rifles on every corner wearing full fatigues.
- Run down housing, projects and or ghost towns that were once something but government and outsource rule chased them out leaving a huge footprint behind.
- Street vendors showing up everywhere, food trucks have reminded me of this which started coming out heavily in the last few years.
- Such high levels of corruption that it becomes far too complex to fix. As seen certain third world countries oust their leaders to become a democracy cannot work as the levels of corruption go too far down, once getting out of hand impossible to come back.
- Big Box stores rule, mom and pop shops become a thing of the past, big box corporatism loves third world
- Unemployment and rising poverty as we have seen in the last several years
- More violent and passionate elections as often seen in the surrounding countries south.
- Media control, not giving the people the truth, however with internet we still have alternative forms of media that they are working on eliminating if possible.
- Looking forward at the economy growth
- Nationalization of large companies keeping them from failing, empowering them over the competition.
This list is just a short tell tale sign list of turning third world, however most people don’t even realize it is happening until it is far too late. They were to o worried about their own families to even sit and consider what is going on in the world around them. There are literally hundreds of signs that show up before we turn third world in our opinion and we would love to hear your thoughts below.