Many of us grew up the normal America with the normal American dream with the hopes of becoming a police officer which was supposed to be a noble typical middle class job. In fact many families have kept law enforcement in the family generation after generation. While yes the risk of getting killed while on duty was always apparent and known, the risk of getting put on duty in less desirable areas with higher violent crime rates, with higher police officer deaths over time.
Deciding to be a cop today?
While the world is certainly more dangerous then what it was a decade ago, is still not a deterrent for those that have gone to the Police Academy and have wanted nothing more then to protect and serve. What wasn’t anticipated today was the fact that the world would revive a new found racism that has divided the nation more so then several decades ago. It has come to the point that when the same race brutally kills each other the media doesn’t touch it, but when a white man kills a black man on duty it automatically gets a civil rights investigation, it automatically creates riots, it automatically makes that cop guilty until proven innocent. The media jumps all over it as the racially divided country goes to one side or the other.
Would the same admirable guy or girl that wanted to be a cop growing up still become a cop today? Knowing that there is nearly a 100% chance you will end up on trial for protecting yourself against a another race. Knowing that there are race baiters that will ultimately force you to resign for fear of being killed. So much for the career of your choice, so much for that admirable career that you dreamed about as a kid. The career where you wanted to protect and serve your community, a career choice that would make the rest of your family proud that you decided to protect and serve.
Things that have changed in the last decade to hinder decisions to become a Police Officer
Becoming a cop today is far from what it was just a short decade ago, today
- Local police departments are militarily trained rather than to protect others, they are trained to protect themselves only.
- Working in a divided nation that has been taught to hate police instead of respect them
- A growing hatred for cops because of the intense race and militarization changes it has become civilians vs Police, no longer need police to help
- An increased amount of swat team warrants many of which are wrong addresses
- A racially charged primarily growing anti white sentiment originating from our leadership
- A president that makes speeches for every single white on black crime but never a black on white crime, while there are even more
- So called peacemaker groups that actually work in the opposite manor by creating violent protests
- Fear of ever defending yourself to save your own life or the life of others with possible long jail terms
Just imagine the extra time it will take to think twice about pulling the trigger to defend yourself with fear running through your veins, instead of doing the right thing. It will ultimately create scenarios with more police deaths moving forward.
While I personally disagree with allot of the police bullshit going on now with killing dogs every time they enter a property and feel the dog will be aggressive or wrongful warrants killing people and or dogs on site is just wrong so there is obviously a problem with intel going on that needs to be fixed desperately, I also understand that most cops have gone through enough training to know when they must defend themselves or others by a violent criminal act in progress.
While there are current issues that need to be fixed, the only thing we are doing now is taking away the possibility to protect and serve the right way anymore. You almost have to ask yourself if they are doing this in order to get rid of the local police departments in order to have the larger government grab of the nation. Not just having the addition of government forces running around but the complete control with the local and states guys no longer around.